Saturday 16 February 2013

And it's ON...


Starting a blog as place to share my ideas and inspiration has been on my to do list for far too long. This year it is ON! No turning back now. Well actually seeing as this is my blog I could totally turn back whenever I want- but I won't. A huge part of me has been afraid to start this because I want to have the whole blogging thing perfected before I put any posts out there to the world. Great photography skills, perfect blog layout, super inspiring content, but I don't expect anyone else to be perfect and I'm not going to get anywhere by being scared. It's time to put on my big girl panties and make it happen. I hope you'll all hang in there with me as I figure out some of the blogging basics.  I'm not much of a writer but I do know a thing or two about interior design/ decorating. I should, as I spend most of my free time reading, sourcing, and dreaming up ideas for my home, future home and pretty much anyone who's home I've ever been in. 

I really desire to create spaces that reflect and inspire the people who live there (no perfect, lifeless, matchy matchy, "showhomey" spaces here). We as people are designed to be drawn to beauty. I think there is a reason that the most popular places to travel are the ones with beautiful views, oceans, mountains, amazing architecture- moments and memories from these places are all enhanced and made more special because of the beautiful backdrop. People spend hours researching and planning their holidays because they want them to be perfect and special.  If we place so much emphasis on spending a week or two a year somewhere gorgeous why wouldn't we want our homes to evoke those same feelings and enhance the life and memories that take place in our own little boxes?  I hope my random brain dumps on this subject can help to inspire you to create your own beautiful backdrop!


P.S.
These little people are my biggest inspiration for wanting to make this world just a little bit more beautiful...


Photo taken by the incredibly talented Kristy-Anne Swart 

No comments:

Post a Comment