Wednesday 20 February 2013

Operation Little Man: Pulling It All Together

(For part 1 of this project check out Operation Little Man: A Man With A Plan)



Right off the top can we talk about this wallpaper?

Honestly, I adore it and can see myself being in love with it all the way until my face caves in and the saggy skin hanging down over my eyes prevents me from staring at it. True Love. I desperatly wanted to wallpaper Ferris' closet but by the time it got it here from the uk with shipping and duties and handling fees it would have made the little closet project around $200.00. Too much for me to justify for a house that we may end up selling in the next couple years. I've been consoled by convincing myself that if this house turns into our forever home, I can always be added later.  So instead of wallpaper, I used this stencil that my sister bought me for my birthday back in October.

I had been wanting to paint my front entryway with this stencil and thought trying it out on the back wall of a closet would be a good way to break in my stenciling skills. What I didn't know was that in order to break in these skills, one must actually possess the skill in the first place. I do not. It was way harder than I had anticipated. Maybe stecilling skills and patience are the same thing? Either way it will not be happening in my entryway. However, I am happy enough with the results in Ferris' room and glad that my sisters gift didn't go to waste.


Another way we saved money on this room was by using a lot of stuff we already owned and tweaking it. The bed, dresser, storage drawer, and window treatments, shelving and art we already had on hand. 

This bed was from back before Lena was born and Tayah had her own room.


Too girly for a boy's room so my husband did a little ikea hacking and removed the scrolly part. Now the footboard and the headboard look the same.

We also had this ikea drawer for under the bed- I used a $5.00 sample pot from Lowes and painted it green and then added some rope pulls.







We purchased the orange throw and the sheet set from the moodboard. The sheets were a splurge but they are the perfect blue with "a little bit of yellow". The pattern is playful but not too juvenile for guests and they feel great (also nice for guests). The grey striped duvet cover from Pottery Barn was just not in budget for this project and after a little searching I found a look alike in the bargain bin at ikea for $16.00. The fabric is obviously not nearly as luxurious but with good quality sheets it's no big deal. We also used an ornament chandelier from our Christmas decorations to make a really fun instagram mobile. 



I can't wait to show you all how it turned out. Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment