Wednesday 27 February 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Picture Frame Headboard


When Sherry (Young House Love) and Katie (Bower Power Blog) announced their seasonal (completely unofficial) pinterest challenge, I did a little happy dance in my seat. As a new blogger I am excited to have an opportunity to get my little blog out there.

My sister has been wanting to give her room a makeover for a while now and we had been searching for some DIY headboard inspiration so I called her up to see if she wanted to take part- she was all in. She wanted something simple with big impact and that could easily be reused in another room if her and her fiance ever upgraded. We thought about trying our hand with an upholstered headboard but their bed is the only king sized bed in their home, so reusing it for a different bed wouldn't be ideal. We finally decided on this pic for our pinspiration...

image via bhg.com
And it was almost a success- keyword being almost.

Saturday was a marathon of running around gathering stuff for the room, which somehow expanded to us repainting the entire thing (FOUR coats of paint!) at 8:00 in the evening. After all that we ran into a little hiccup printing some black and white photos of my sister and her fiance's recent trip to Europe. So sadly this is all you get for now.


I promise to have full before and afters up early next week! In the mean time check out the projects Sherry, Katie, and their co-hosts Megan and Michelle turned out for the challenge.

In other news I got to spend today celebrating this amazing man's birthday!
 
 

Trent is my absolute favorite person in the world: the best dad I could ever wish my kids to have, a great partner in all things life, his creativity and compassion for others inspires me every day. He's always looking for ways to better himself as a husband and father and friend and I am so very grateful to have him in my life.

1 comment: